Continuing Apprentices/Trainees Placement Service - CAPS
- Are you an out-of-work apprentice or trainee who is trying to find another job in your chosen industry? or
- Are you an employer who wants to help an apprentice or trainee to continue in their training?
If yes, you may wish to use our Continuing Apprentices/Trainees Placement Service (CAPS) to achieve your goals.
On this page:
Introduction to CAPS
Continuing Apprentices/Trainees Placement Service (CAPS):
- is a free service to connect out-of-work apprentices and trainees with potential employers
- assists retrenched apprentices and trainees to secure new employment and keep their training on track
- supports businesses to meet their recruitment needs and promote a sustainable skills base for NSW
- provides Relocation and Rental Assistance to eligible apprentices if they are required to relocate for a job matched through CAPS.
Register for assistance
Apprentices and Trainees
If you are an out-of-work apprentice or trainee who:
- previously had an apprenticeship or traineeship registered in NSW,
- is ready to re-commence your apprenticeship/traineeship, and
- is interested in having your details forwarded to employers who are looking for skilled workers,
go to CAPS for Apprentices/Trainees for more information.
Alternatively you can go directly to Apprentice/Trainee Registration Form to register your interest. Your personal details will not be made publicly available.
If you are an employer who:
- is looking for a committed, enthusiastic, out-of-work apprentice or trainee in your industry, and
- has a workplace in NSW
go to CAPS for Employers for more information.
Alternatively you can go directly to Employer Registration Form to register your interest. Your registered job details will not be made publicly available.
View the Continuing Apprentices/Trainees Register
Employers can also browse our Continuing Apprentices/Trainee Register to view profiles of out-of-work apprentices and trainees. These people are keen to continue their training and complete their apprenticeship or traineeship. Some are willing to relocate to pursue their chosen career.